~~ Without our familiar props (family, friends , home ,job…) , we are faced with just ourselves , a person we do not know , an unnerving stranger with whom we have been living all the time but we never really wanted to meet . Isn’t that why we have tried to fill every moment of time with noise and activity, however boring or trivial , to ensure that we are never left in silence with this stranger on our own ? ~~
~ In our culture we overvalue the intellect, we imagine that to be enlightened demands extraordinary intelligence. In fact many kinds of cleverness are just further obscurations. As the Tibetan saying goes “if you are too clever, you could miss the point entirely”: Patrul Rinpoche ” the logical mind seems interesting , but it is the seed of delusion” People become obsessed with their own theories and miss the point of everything. Another Tibetan saying : Theories are like patches on a coat , one day they wear off”~
“When something is added to your collection of beliefs, you protect it from harm. You do this instinctively and unconsciously when confronted with attitude-inconsistent information. Just as confirmation bias shields you when you actively seek information, the backfire effect defends you when the information seeks you, when it blindsides you. Coming or going, you stick to your beliefs instead of questioning them. When someone tries to correct you, tries to dilute your misconceptions, it backfires and strengthens those misconceptions instead. Over time, the backfire effect makes you less skeptical of those things that allow you to continue seeing your beliefs and attitudes as true and proper”
1. I walk down the street . There is a deep hole in the side walk
I fall in . I am lost … I am hopeless .. It isn’t my fault .. It takes me forever to find the way out.
2. I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk . I pretend I don’t see it . I fall in again .. I cant believe I’m in the same place again. But it isn’t my fault. It still takes a long time to get out .
3. I walk down the same street . There is a deep hole in the sidewalk . I see it there… I still fall in … its a habit. My eyes are open . I know where I am .. Its my fault.. I get out immediately .
4. I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk .. I walk around it.
5 . I walk down another street
~~ Until you heal the wounds of your past ,you are going to bleed . You can bandage the bleeding with food ,with alcohol, with drugs, with work, with cigarettes ,with sex, but eventually, it will all ooze through and stain your life .
You must find the strength to open the wounds ,stick your hands inside and pull out the core of the pain that is holding you in the past , the memories and make peace with them ~~
* Yes, I am imperfect and vulnerable and sometimes afraid , but that doesn’t change the truth that I am brave and worthy of love and belonging * Brent Brown
We all have unlimited potential to create the life we wish for ourselves.The only limits we have , are the ones that we place on our selves . Every experience we have in this life creates who we are . When we allow ourselves to experience all of the emotions that arise within us , they allow us to move forward.
Everyday that you wake , you are a new person, ready for another journey . Be excited by this life that you have been given .
” I have crystal clear vision of where I want to go in my life “